Traveling to Montana with Horses

  1. ALL out of state horses must be accompanied by a Certificate of Veterinary Inspection current within 30 days of entry into the state and negative Equine Infectious Anemia (Coggins) test, current within 12 months of import.
  2. Import Permits are required on all horses imported into Montana from states without Brand Inspections. Permits must be obtained by the veterinarian issuing the Veterinary Inspection Certificate within 10 days of arrival into Montana. Permits may be obtained by calling (406) 444-2976 day or night. Horses coming from states with Brand Inspections are required to have a current brand inspection.
  3. The address needed for health certificates for the ride site is: Circle Bar Ranch; 5 Fort Road; Ashland, MT 59003. Phone number is (406) 784-2469

Please visit this website for further information: Montana Department of Livestock

Visit MapQuest for Directions to Ashland, Montana (59003) or Broadus, Montana (59317)

Current Road Conditions and Construction click here! (We’re under the Glendive Section with the road condition (weather related) map. Look at the construction section for US 212 for possible construction delays.

One thing to keep in mind…this is Open Range Country. Sometimes cattle and/or horses do escape from their fences…Also keep in mind that there are a lot of elk, deer and antelope in this country. Use caution especially at night.

7 Safety Tips for Shipping Horses

Stay safe when you’re on the road with your horse with these tips for trailering and working around a rig.
Posted by Erica Larson | Apr 4, 2019 | BehaviorBehavior & HandlingCommentaryFarm and BarnHorse CareSafetyTack, Equipment & ProductsTrailers & Trailer SafetyTrailers & Trailer SafetyTransportationWelfare and Industry